is streets ahead
The HTIP Streetfeeder throughout the day, week, seasons and year is a cost effective solution for distribution network operators who want to provide a constant voltage output throughout the year. Designed to be easily connected the street feeder is a solid state solution connected in parallel to the supply and is designed as an open circuit with no current being drawn by the unit. The Streetfeeder requires no regular maintenance and runs 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, the VO1 can add genuine energy saving to smart meters.
- solar pv
- Heat pumps
- EV charging
- Erratic voltage
- Unstable rural supply voltages
- High cost of network strengthening
- Disconnecting customers for recabling work
- LV network capacity
- Carbon reduction
- Distributed generation
- Daily/seasonal fluctuations in power demand
- Network strengthening too costly
- Complex, bi-directional power flow and increased fault levels
HTIP Streetfeeder is the solution:
- Minimally disruptive installation
- Active operation allow closer to nominal voltages to be supplied to customers
- Instantaneous control of output voltage regardless of load
- Responds to changes in power flow
- Temporary fix prior to reinforcement works
- Enable the rollout of solar pv without causing voltage fluctuation
For energy distributors
Designed to overcome the challenges of fluctuating power
Our Streetfeeder product has been designed with the DNOs in mind to overcome the challenges of managing fluctuating voltage, variable loads and changing power flow.. The Streetfeeder can be set to a desired output and provide a constant output voltage, whilst also reducing harmonics.
The benefits of the street feeder are:
- Reducing the requirement for tight regulation at the output of the substation transformer, allowing more aggressive use of the existing transmission network
- Where units are networked, the voltage in the branches could be adjusted on demand to help with grid management.
- Networked units can include the capability to return real time grid performance data at no additional product cost.
Reducing the harmonic content of the voltage fed to the consumers or the current drawn from the transmission network.
Increased security of supply
- Operate within voltage specification for a wider range of loads patterns including net export of power from distributed generation
- Enable sections of existing distribution networks to be operated without line upgrade when additional customers are added
- Allow remotely operated voltage reduction for load shedding at times of supply or grid stress
- Integration of distributed generation into the network managing voltage fluctuations from unregulated systems
- Regulate PV concentrations in localities and streets
- Decarbonation by strengthening networks for heavy heat pump and EV charging loads.
- Fast dynamic response maintains voltage much closer to nominal without danger of undervoltage during periods of heavy load.